Drama and Music
We are delighted to announce that Kneesall C of E Primary is working towards the prestigious Artsmark Award to celebrate its outstanding contribution to the education and enjoyment of the Creative Arts.
Artsmark is assessed on the quality of the Music, Art & Design, Drama and Dance curriculum within a school and each of these four key areas must be significantly evidenced in order to gain the award.
Only about 13% of schools in England hold Artsmark status, so Kneesall’s commitment to the Arts will stand out nationally and we are determined to achieve the mark.
Artsmark is Arts Council England’s flagship programme which enables schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision. Achieving Artsmark status will show that Kneesall C of E Primary School has a number of special qualities. It demonstrates that we:
- have an excellent arts and cultural offer
- are forward thinking, open to development and passionate about the Arts
- are committed to investing in our staff and young people
- are committed to listening to providing opportunities for our community through the Arts
- have an effective approach to building relationships with artists and Arts organisations
- value the arts and culture through a broad and balanced curriculum
To achieve Artsmark, we have to undergo a rigorous application process, followed by a validation visit from a professional arts consultant. We will be assessed on many areas of our provision including arts in the curriculum, extra-curricular arts activities, how we work with artists and arts organisations and how well our arts provision impacts on staff development and the wider community.
We hope you share our pride in working towards a nationally recognised award for our arts and cultural provision.